Win An Advance Copy of “The Lion and the Rose”
It’s about two and a half months until The Lion and the Rose is released–the second half of my Borgia duology about papal mistress Giulia Farnese and her two friends, the cynical dwarf bodyguard Leonello and the sharp-tongued female cook Carmelina. If you’d like to get your hands on an early copy of L&R, here’s your chance, because I’m running a very special kind of giveaway.
Lots of readers have written to tell me how much they swooned over all the delicious food in The Serpent and the Pearl – I even set up a virtual potluck with food bloggers cooking dishes straight out of the book. I had such a blast seeing the food pics that came out of my own pages that I’m extending a challenge: any reader who cooks a dish out of The Serpent and the Pearl will be eligible to win an advance copy of The Lion and the Rose.
So, here are the rules:
1. Choose a dish out of The Serpent and the Pearl that hasn’t been made yet.
2. Cook your chosen dish. Just be aware that some of the things my Renaissance heroines eat are illegal in the 21st century–don’t get fined for trying to cook a swan!
3. Email a pic of you with your finished dish to email@example.com, along with a few words on how you cooked it and how it turned out. (Even if it’s a disaster. Because kitchen disasters can be hilarious!)
4. For every dish you cook, I’ll enter your name into a random drawing. And if you attempt something truly awesome, I’ll enter your name in twice. Because let’s be fair–if someone makes a stab at spit-roasted peacock or whole truffled sea bass in champagne-caviar sauce, they deserve a double entry.
5. And that’s it! On November 1, I’ll pull two names out of the hat and mail my two winners an advance copy of “The Lion and the Rose.”
So, who’s ready to start cooking?